As you may have heard, Pangman Library, part of the Southeast Regional Library system, migrated to the new SILS (Saskatchewan Information and Library Services) on January 12, 2010.
What is the SILS?
It is a one Province, one Library system connecting all the public libraries in Saskatchewan. All the Saskatchewan public libraries have agreed to a new set of borrowing terms.
What is the timeframe for implementing the new system?
- Saskatoon Public Library migrated to the new system on December 15, 2009.
- Palliser Regional Library migrated to the new system on January 12, 2010.
- Southeast Regional Library migrated to the new system on January 12, 2010.
- Regina Public Library migrated to the new system on February 2, 1020.
How will residents be affected by this change?
- All the libraries have agreed to a use the same schedule of late charges. Make sure that you renew items before the due date or you will be charged a .30 cents a day until the item is returned.
- Your must present your library card when checking out any library materials.
How will residents benefit from this change?
- Patrons will have access to public library materials from anywhere in the province.
- Access to the catalogue 24/7 from any computer that has Internet access.
- Patrons will have borrowing rights at all Saskatchewan public libraries.
- Patrons will experience a much more user-friendly catalogue and will be able to easily find the materials they want using the new catalogue.
- Patrons will get their materials in a more timely manner due to overall improvements in the way materials are purchased, catalogued and processed.
To read more about the SILS, visit https://catalog.sasklibraries.ca/screens/libinfo.html .
To search the catalogue visit https://catalog.sasklibraries.ca/
To order library materials on-line visit https://catalog.sasklibraries.ca/ and click on My Account on the right hand side. There you will need to enter your Name, Entire library card number and your pin number. If you do not have a pin number you can obtain one from the library.
Pangman Library is open on Tuesdays from 2 to 5 p.m. And on Fridays from 1 to 5 p.m. There are 3 computers available for those you wish to use the Internet, and no appointment is necessary to use these computers. Remember – You must present your library card when checking out any library materials.
If you have any questions or concerns about the new SILS library system, or wish to renew materials or order materials, you can call Carol at 442-2119.
pangmanlibrarynews – .pdf file for easy printingby