An Art Show showcasing works by some of our local young people (ages 3 to 14) was held at the Pangman Community Center on Sunday, May 5, 2013.
Art classes were a new venture this year for students from Pangman and Ogema areas. We held classes from September thru April two nights a week at the Pangman Branch Library. Approximately 17 students participated regularly in the classes throughout the year with ages ranging from 2 to 14.
We worked on introducing basic drawing concepts and styles, including still lifes, portraits, wildlife, graffiti, perspective, abstract and Haida art in various mediums such as pencil, marker and tempera.
Our year ended with an Art Show at the Pangman Community Centre on Sunday, May 5th. This gave the students a chance to show off all their hard work from the year. All in all it was a great year and we hope to start-up regular classes again in the fall.
People’s choice awards at the Art Show went to:
- Preschool – string art abstract by Zaiden B. – Age 2
- Beginner – tempera abstract by Corny F. – Age 8
- Beginner – Parrot in Marker by Evan U. – Age 8
- Junior – Haida Bird in Marker by Cailee U. – Age 11
- Intermediate (there was a tie in the votes) –
– Parrot in Marker by Payton N. – Age 14
– Perspective Landscape in Pencil by Elizabeth C. – Age 13
Teacher’s choice and Best In Show awards were also handed out to all students in each level.
A big thank you to Wendy Colbow for working with our budding artists.